Sunday, May 27, 2012

An Introduction of Sorts


Because I am completely unoriginal, bored, and I have nowhere else to put all of these ideas, this is my own sort of blog. It will mostly be reviews but it may include other content. What other content will that be? Well, I'll let you know if I ever feel like talking about it here.

So, the subject of my reviews? Well, mostly movies, shows, games and sometimes books. I’ve got a few ideas of what I want to end up reviewing or talking about, but as for how often this place gets updated all depends on if I’m feeling the mood or desire to update. The goal is at least once or twice a week, but I make no promises.

Anyways, for all intents and purposes, these are the tags and categories I will be doing my posts in:

Animation Evaluation – I am terrible at art, but I do love animated works. Mostly going to be anime, but could be Western or even other Eastern animation as well. This is where I review a show that I have just seen for the first time and completed. If the show is particularly long, or (heaven forbid) ongoing, I’ll just try to give opinions on the current arc or the arc I just finished.

The Button Mash – Reviews of video games that I have just played. Usually, the games discussed won’t exactly be the mainstream stuff (though admittedly, it’s not so obscure as to be a real “indie” title).

Toku Typhoon – I’ll admit it; I love tokusatsu. Silly costumes and typical demographic aside, it is a genre just like any other; it can be silly and crazy, dark and serious, for young, young children or teens and young adults (or even, dare I say it, actual adults). These will be various reviews of those kinds of shows.

Post-Film Reel – Reviews of movie things. Either in theaters or stuff I caught on DVD/Blu-ray/Netflix/whatever.

Comparison Scale – Where I weigh two or three items that share some kind of similarity to each other and compare and contrast each of their elements. This can be an original vs. a remake, original vs. adaptation, original vs. reimagining, thematically similar works, whatever may come up.

Retrospective Overview – If a franchise or series is particularly long-running and is nearing the end/an anniversary/a new major installment/just ended, then I will go all out and go over every single entry in that franchise and review them. If I’ve already reviewed them previously, well, I’ll do it again, but perhaps not quite as in depth.

Retroactive Reviewing – Where I look at something I’ve already seen before and review it with more insight and a fresh mind. Usually, I won’t have reviewed the item in question on this blog already.

If more categories need to be added, then I will get to it and add it here. This may get updated, then.

Welp, that’s all I have for the moment. I should have a post or two this week, but things may slow down fast after that. Hope you enjoy this time waste of a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment